Wednesday 16 June 2010

Success!!!

After the frantic time I've been having it was a rushed few pictures that I entered into the Central Region Master Photographers annual photographic competition. Well in excess of 200 images, the standard was extremely high, (we do have some great talent in our region). I'm really chuffed to have won the Fashion and Glamour and the Pets category, as well as a second in the landscape/pictorial. My kids moaned as it means another two trophys to polish!!

Congratulations must go to Hossain Mahdavi for winning the overall Central Region Potographer of the Year, (Total points of five images entered). He is a great photographer, but I can take some comfort in having won the fashion which is probably his strongest category.

However, what was really great about the competition was the emergance of some of our up and coming photographers. It's an art that I love that is under some real pressure for one reason and another. Whilst I hope to have many more years doing what I love, the future of our industry lies in the up and coming photographers. They had a good showing producing some fantastic work. We should nurture and encourage them so that when we oldies retire our beloved industry is left in good hands. Well done to all the winners!

No comments:

Blog Archive