Monday 7 September 2009

Typical!!!


So I'm up at 5 for my walk. I take a peak out the window, not a cloud in sight!! I thought "great, when the sun comes up it'd be perfect!"
A mile into my little stroll I got snagged up in some broken branches and went flying, and worse still, so did my camera!. It was that sickening crunch that told me that something had broke. I think the camera is OK, but the lens looks terminal.

But worse was to come!!

As I got to the bottom end of Olney on my way back, past where the geese take a rest on their long journey south, they were just in the process of taking off. They came past me, head height and 10 feet in front of me, about 6 groups, one after the other. You could see the feathers on their wings rippling as they flapped away, and as they flew off on their long journey, and the way the different groups were shaped and spaced, I felt like I was in one of those old war films, where the C.O. is on the airfield watching his squadren flying off on their mission, not knowing how many will make it.

The camera can be repaired or replaced, but I mourn the loss of a golden opportunity to capture such a beautiful sight.

Still, there's always next year!

No comments:

Blog Archive