Monday 21 September 2009

Peter & Laura's Wedding
















It was with some trepidation that I set off to shoot Peter & Laura's wedding on Saturday. Nothing to do with the wedding itself, I'd slipped a disk on Thursday, and as anyone who's had one themselves knows, it's a painful experience. But after a trip to the osteopath on Friday, and my back support and drugs off I went to meet up with the Groom. Peter was relaxed and in the middle of a film when I arrived, but after a few shots I was on my way to meet up with the bride.

It was quite calm when I arrived, and we just plodded along getting the shots we needed as we went. It was a pleasant surprise I had whilst taking some shots in the marquee to find that the young lady who was supplying the chair covers, Rachel, was the Bride at a wedding I'd shot about 4 years previously!

Eventually the Bride slipped into her magnificent dress and after a few more shots I made my way, a little later than planned, to the church to meet up once again with the groom. We soon caught up and everything was ready for the Brides arrival.

The Gospel choir, Souls of Phrophecy, added a great up tempo mood, as only a gospel choir can, to a beautiful service. And after a few more photographs we made our way to the reception.

The group photographs went without any hitches thanks to the assistance of the Toastmaster, Paul Bridge and the wedding coordinators. But one of the highlights of the evening had to be the appearance of Julian Smith, (of Britains got Talant fame!), particularly liked by the Bride. He does have a way of playing that just draws you in to the beauty of his music. That was shortly followed by the Bride and some her friends performing "Wishing and Hoping" from the film My best friends wedding.

It was shortly after that I said my goodbyes and, a little tired but very satisfied, made my way home to a well earned cup of tea.

The happy couple are away on their honeymoon now and will be coming into the studio to collect their previews on their return at the beginning of October. Until then, here's a couple of images from the day.

As always, any comments are welcome.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Royce. We're really looking forward to Laura & Peter's return so we can view the rest of the photos.
A Beautiful Day was had by all and I'm sure the photos will be amazing and give us all a Lifetime of Happy Memories.
Thank You to All those involved for making Laura & Peters Day extra special. x

Unknown said...

Just one sentence : You´re the greatest !!!

Hugs & kisses

Blog Archive